In 2009, the State of Illinois enacted legislation legalizing the use of video gaming terminals in liquor licensed establishments which include truck stops, fraternal organizations, and veterans establishments. Allowing Vegas-style slot action in Chicagoland’s backyard has tremendously impacted the economic well-being of municipalities, park districts, and, most importantly, local businesses. Playing slots locally at your favorite bar & restaurant – instead of a corporate-run casino – assures your hard earned cash will help small business owners employ more staff, improve their locations, and so much more. Not to mention, playing video slots at your local watering hole is so much more fun because you’re surrounded with your friends.
So, without further ado, here are 5 reasons to play video slots at your local bar:
- Go where “everybody knows your name.” Like the hit sitcom Cheers, wouldn’t it be fun to walk into a bar where everyone knows you’re the luckiest son of a gun around? On the flip side, be prepared to catch some heat after a few cold spins on the slots.
- Rub it in your buddy’s face when you win big. You know what’s fun? Winning money. You know what’s even more fun? Flashing your video slot winnings in your buddy’s face after hitting the jackpot. Since your buddy’s a loser, he probably wouldn’t have been able to get to Vegas for a weekend of winnings, so let him have it when you meet up for cold ones after work on Friday.
- Play video slots while watching your favorite Chicago team. With the Bulls and the Blackhawks poised to make deep runs in the playoffs, double down on all the sports action while getting lucky on the slots. Cubs fans can keep the excitement of a promising season going while max betting on any of Awesome Hand’s IGT, GTECH, Bally or WMS games. Sox fans, well, they can get a “pick-me-up” from early season struggles when they hit the video slot jackpot.
- Impress your dream girl (or guy) with your wad of winnings. Friday night and in walks that smokin’ hot blonde you’ve had your eye on for weeks. With your payout burning a hole in your pocket, you’ll finally have the confidence to introduce yourself. Who says you can’t get lucky twice in one night?
- Protect your town. By playing video slots at your local bar, you’re helping your town keep money local, rather than lining the pockets of corporate fatcats. Local video gaming saves and creates jobs while providing a fun, entertaining experience.
Want to know where to play video slots in your neck of the woods? Click the locations button below to find out!